This project is read-only.

error while building WPFSpark

Jan 26, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Hi,

I tired to start WPFSpark on 2 computers with no success. All the time I have following errors:

"Error    1    Unknown build error, 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.'     WPFSpark"

and

"Error    2    Unknown build error, 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.'     WPFSparkClient"

I search in other forums about this problem but non of solutions works in my case. I have following PCs:

1) winXP SP3, VS2010 Express Edition, Silverlight 4.0.60831.0

2) win7 SP1, VS2010 Express Edition, MS Expression Blend 4, Silverlight 5.0.61118.0

Same errors on both. I did not install "WPF Toolkit" or "Silverlight Toolkit". I'm not sure if I need it to run WPFSpark.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Hi panako,

First of all, WPFSpark is a WPF library, it does not require Silverlight Toolkit. It does not reference the WPF Toolkit either.

Could you tell me which all .NET Frameworks are installed on your system? WPFSpark library targets the Microsoft .NET 4 Client Profile framework.

Also, are you trying to build the WPFSpark source code( which includes the WPFSpark library and the WPFSparkClient) or are you referencing WPFSpark library in your own project.

If you could provide some more details of your scenario, it would be helpful to solve the issue.

Regards,

Ratish Philip

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Hi,

here are .NET Framework versions from both computers (just one explanation I had to edit current post because I cannot submit screen-shots even though I can paste it into window, so now second try with text description of my errors)

on Win7 SP1 I have

v2.0.50727
v3.0
v4.0.30319

on XP SP3 I have

v1.0
v2.0 SP1
v2.0.50727
v3.0
v3.0 SP1
v4.0.30319

First I have tried to build only WPFSpark solution that I have had downloaded from here. So first only WPFSpark library and WPFSparkClient without modifications.

After opening I have to correct two references to assemblies in both projects WPFSpark and WPFSparkClient. There is a path missing to Microsoft.Expression.Interactions.dll and System.Windows.Interactivity.dll. In this state following errors are present:

Error	1	Unable to load the metadata for assembly 'WPFSpark'. This assembly may have been downloaded from the web.  See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=179545.  The following error was encountered during load: Could not load file or assembly 'WPFSpark, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.	D:\Public\CheckIt_NG_Temp\WPFSpark_1.1\WPFSparkClient\ClipBorderDemo.xaml	1	1	WPFSparkClient
Error	2	The type 'wpfspark:ClipBorder' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built.	D:\Public\CheckIt_NG_Temp\WPFSpark_1.1\WPFSparkClient\ClipBorderDemo.xaml	9	10	WPFSparkClient
Error	3	Undefined CLR namespace. The 'clr-namespace' URI refers to a namespace 'WPFSpark' that is not included in the assembly.	D:\Public\CheckIt_NG_Temp\WPFSpark_1.1\WPFSpark\FluidProgressBar\FluidProgressBar.xaml	6	29	WPFSpark
Error	16	Unable to load the metadata for assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity'. This assembly may have been downloaded from the web.  See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=179545.  The following error was encountered during load: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.	D:\Public\CheckIt_NG_Temp\WPFSpark_1.1\WPFSpark\Themes\ToggleSwitch.Generic.xaml	1	1	WPFSpark
Error	17	Undefined CLR namespace. The 'clr-namespace' URI refers to a namespace 'WPFSpark' that is not included in the assembly.	D:\Public\CheckIt_NG_Temp\WPFSpark_1.1\WPFSpark\Themes\ToggleSwitch.Generic.xaml	5	36	WPFSpark
Error	18	The type 'wpfspark:ClipBorder' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built.	D:\Public\CheckIt_NG_Temp\WPFSpark_1.1\WPFSpark\Themes\ToggleSwitch.Generic.xaml	30	10	WPFSpark
Error	19	The attachable property 'Behaviors' was not found in type 'Interaction'.	D:\Public\CheckIt_NG_Temp\WPFSpark_1.1\WPFSpark\Themes\ToggleSwitch.Generic.xaml	42	18	WPFSpark
Error	20	The type 'ei:FluidMoveBehavior' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built.	D:\Public\CheckIt_NG_Temp\WPFSpark_1.1\WPFSpark\Themes\ToggleSwitch.Generic.xaml	43	22	WPFSpark
Error	21	The attachable property 'EaseX' was not found in type 'FluidMoveBehavior'.	D:\Public\CheckIt_NG_Temp\WPFSpark_1.1\WPFSpark\Themes\ToggleSwitch.Generic.xaml	45	26	WPFSpark
I think first 3 important other are added to the list when I open .xaml files.

I have found missing assemblies in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\Silverlight\v4.0\Libraries\ folder. After adding new references and building solution I remain with 2 errors:

Error	1	Unknown build error, 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.' 	WPFSpark
Error	2	Unknown build error, 'Cannot resolve dependency to assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' because it has not been preloaded. When using the ReflectionOnly APIs, dependent assemblies must be pre-loaded or loaded on demand through the ReflectionOnlyAssemblyResolve event.' 	WPFSparkClient

Same situation I have when I use WPFSpark as a part of already working solutions. I hope it is not too much. I try to give you as many details as possible.

Regards

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Hi,

I am unable to find out why this error is popping up on your machine. Searching the web, I came across this link

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/wpf/thread/29ba79be-b826-44c9-8373-4ea18b265511

Do check it out.

Regards,

Ratish Philip