Fluid WrapPanel

Jan 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM

First of all let me congratulate you Ratish for these amazing controls... I love them!

I am using you Fluid WrapPanel control to develop some kind of "app launcher" and, this might be a very foolish question but anyways, I can not find the way to associate the icons on the Panel to a MouseDown event.

Could you please give me a hand on doing this?

I hope you have a great day and thanks again :)

Regards, Federico.

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Hi Fredrico,

Glad to know that you are liking the controls.

If I understand you question correctly, you want to handle the MouseDown event to allow rearranging of the icons.

In order to do that, each of your icon must implement the IFluidDrag interface. This interface defines three events - BeginFluidDrag, OnFluidDrag and EndFluidDrag. These events must be raised by the icons so that they can participate in the rearrangement. 

If you look at the WPFSpark source code, which I have uploaded at the codeplex site, there are two projects - WPFSpark and WPFSparkClient. WPFSparkClient contains sample code on how to use the WPFSpark controls. In this project, I have added a user control called ImageIcon which implements IFluidDrag interface. Do check it out.

Also check out my codeproject article on FluidWrapPanel (link) to know more about FluidWrapPanel.

Hope this clears your doubt. Feel free to contact me in case of any other doubts.

Regards

Ratish Philip

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Hi Fredrico,

The latest version of WPFSpark (v1.1) has a revamped FluidWrapPanel. It is incompatible with the older versions. Kindly check the CodeProject article on FluidWrapPanel (link) for more details.

Regards,

Ratish Philip